When you’re getting ready to sell your home in the Orlando Florida real estate market, you want to make sure your bathroom is sanitary and feels like you’ve entered the spa. Here are some very affordable tips to get those bathrooms ready for viewing.
- First step is to clean, clean spotlessly from the ceiling to the floor and everywhere in between. I have two favorite products for cleaning. This first is especially great to obliterate the black mildew that accumulates in Florida. I love Clorox Clean- Up Cleaner + Bleach. I’d much rather use this formulation instead of straight bleach because I can breathe easier as I’m cleaning. You still want to ventilate the room though. The second product I enjoy using in both the kitchen and bathroom is Bar Keepers Friend. This product has just enough grit to clean soap scum and grim from surfaces and makes your chrome super shiny! [These are not paid endorsements, just products I really like to use for cleaning.]
- Update the fixtures, lights and hardware in the bathroom. These show that you’ve taken the time to update your home, making it a move-in ready product which potential buyers love.
- Add a fresh coat of semi-gloss paint.
- Replace your shower curtain with either a clear one or a white one. Either of these choices lightens and brightens the space. I personally love clear because you can see the beautiful tile in the shower and they take up less visual space.
- Buy fancy soaps or display liquid. At Funky Trunk Treasures a local artisan sells fabulous smell good soaps that make you never want to leave the tub. Roll up a bar of soap in a lush towel to release the fragrance.
- Hang inexpensive artwork above the toilet or place a ceramic shell with greenery on the toilet tank lid.
- Hang the fluffiest, thickest towels you can find on the towel bars.
Let your imagination run wild – just make sure the bathrooms are super clean, decluttered and are simply decorated.
For more home staging tips, check out these blogs: