This checklist will help you and your photographer prepare amazing photos of your listing. The photos of your house are “your first open house” for potential buyers. Your house will be photographed completely on the interior and exterior. Following these tips will help you show your house in its best light.
- Clean from the ceiling to the floorboards. The camera lens picks up every speck of dust in the photos.
- Remember – “clutter eats equity” and you want to show the spaciousness of your house; so if you’re not using it, pack it away.
- Pack all personal photos, especially those of children. Your house is going to be viewed on the internet – with your address listed. This protects you and your family.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Make sure all lights have working light bulbs.
- Turn on all the lights inside and outside.
- Toilet lids down.
- Turn off all ceiling fans.
- Completely open all draperies; point horizontal blinds to the ceiling.
- Remove cars from driveway and close the garage door.
- If you choose to stay home during the photo shoot, all foot traffic should be eliminated in photo shoot area.
- It’s best to arrange a fur baby (pet) sitter while your house is being photographed. Place pet toys, beds and food dishes away.
Foxy Interiors always encourages clients to stage their house before listing. This applies to both occupied and vacant homes. Statistics show staged homes sell quicker and for more money. We invite you to preview our Services Page for affordable staging products.
Do you want to know what our customers think? Read their warm reviews by visiting Testimonials.